Ten ways to speed up your home sale
1. Employ a broker. Their years of experience and
their contacts can be invaluable.
2. Offer a bonus to the selling broker. A $1000
bonus can give you an unfair advantage over your competition. This is
becoming commonly seen in the Real Estate market.
3. Price it right. Check out your competition.
It is critical that the home enters the market priced right. Lowering
the price later is not as effective as starting out right.
4. Have a pre-inspection Minor problems can indicate
poor maintenance to the buyer. Be sure you have no surprises. An early
inspection will permit you to have repairs completed in a timely manner
and at a lower cost. Last minute repairs can be very costly.
5. Get you house ready. Proper preparation of your
home can make it more appealing.
6. Display a 'For Sale' sign. Many sales happen
after first seeing the sign.
7. Make everyone aware you are wanting to sell. They can't buy if they don't know.
8. Be flexible about showings. It is disruptive
sometimes to show your home on short notice, but the rewards can be
great. If it is meal time, it can smell real good too.
9. Be ready for offers. Decide in advance what
prices and conditions you will find acceptable. Turning down a good
offer can be detrimental to the bottom line..
10. Don't refuse to drop the price. If the house
has been on the multiple listing service for more than 30 days without
an offer, be prepared to drop the price. No offers often indicate that
the asking price is too high for the current market in your area.